Youth Programs Coordinator
Americana is a vibrant environment with a creative, innovative, and collaborative staff committed to providing services for immigrants, refugees, and low-income individuals. One of our core services, the Youth Program, offers out-of-school time activities that enable youth participants to overcome educational challenges including language and cultural barriers. The Youth Program incorporates English as a Second Language classes, visual arts, homework help, college and career readiness workshops, recreation, environmental education, field trips, and more in and After School & Summer program setting. All of the activities are based on the needs and interests of our youth.
The Youth Programs Coordinator will work directly with the K-12 youth enrolled in the program, 95% of whom are immigrants and refugees. This includes long-term goals and daily activities
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and implement the educational and enrichment programming for youth
- Supervise staff and oversee volunteers implementing youth programs
- Communicate with Schools, parents, and students about the educational and social/emotional growth of students in program school, at home, and in the community
- Help resolve conflicts among participants according to Americana’s disciplinary policies
- Support and develop community partnerships to expand opportunities for youth
- Plan youth-related events and field trips
- Engage parents in their children’s success
- Collect and record data related to youth programs
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Programs Director
- Available Monday-Thursday from 11:00 am-7:00 pm through the JCPS School year. Hours subject to change for Summer.
- Experience working with children and youth preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus
Job type: Full-time
The position reports to Americana’s Programs Director. If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to Emilie Dyer (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls, please.