After School Youth Program Teacher
Job Type: Part-time up to 28 hours per week; Must be available to work Monday-Thursday from 3:00-9:00 pm w/ flexible hours on Friday.
Children and Youth Programs staff are responsible for planning long-term objectives and goals. Additionally, staff members are required to prepare and implement daily recreational, social emotional, and academic activities for grades K – 12 during the After School and Family Education Programs, where refugee, immigrant and U.S. born youth come for ESL classes, tutoring, homework help, and other enrichment opportunities. Act as a liaison between ACC and families through the Family Bridge Initiative by engaging in home visits.
Job Responsibilities as Children/Youth Programs staff:
- Facilitate academic activities such as homework help and tutoring for youth K-5th
- Plan and implement educationally enriching activities for groups of youth.
- Supervise and support JCPS ESL teachers
- Prepare for and facilitate small groups of youth in collaboration with other youth staff workers.
- Create curriculum for groups and enrichment programs
- Effectively manage volunteers during program hours
- Help resolve conflicts among participants following ACC disciplinary policies.
- Plan and implement the Family Bridging Initiative, acting as a liaison between parents and ACC responsibly through home visits and other regular communication methods.
- Mentor, support, and encourage the success of our students in school, at home and in the community.
- Supervise check-in and check-out
Other duties :
- Maintains ongoing and appropriate communication between supervisor, team members and general staff to ensure that all information is transparent and accurate.
- Participate in mandatory staff development trainings to increase professional knowledge of issues affecting populations represented at ACC.
- Assist with large events including fundraisers and festivals
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Programs Director.
- Teaching experience required
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Experience working with children and youth required
Salary: $10.00 /hour
If interested in position, please email cover letter and resume to Kristin Burgoyne, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.